Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to wallacehuo.info Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to 1) access member-only sections; 2) topics not yet read are highlighted for easy reference; 3) take you to the last posts you've read previously within the topics to save your time 4) start new topics and make comments; 5) customize your profile; 6) send personal messages; and 7) vote in polls. However, as a guest you may post on "Site Suggestions and Requests" section. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[Ann] Upload image and post it on this Forum
Topic Started: Aug 5 2014, 10:34 PM (4,601 Views)
Administrator
Member Avatar
Administrator
A. The best way to post an image to the Forum is getting the link from it's original source by 1. right click on the image you want to post 2. then copy the image address and 3. post the image address to the Forum between the img BBCode such as [img]url of your image link[/img] on your post in this Forum. For example if you see images on Weibo you can use this method. You may also refer to this link for more details.

B. Alternatively you may use the image uploader provided from the Forum. The image uploader is located below the Reply box. After an image is uploaded the URL will be automatically posted to your post. There is no need to use additional BBCode.

Posted Image

Posted Image

C. You may also use a third party site to upload your image and post the link to the Forum. One suggested third party site is Postimage. Follow 2 simple steps below to post your image:

1. Upload your image:

Posted Image

2. Get the Direct Link of your image:

Posted Image

Now back to your post and put the link between the img BBCode: [img]the url of the direct link[/img]

Happy 'Foruming'!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
Does the image hosting site Imgurso have time limit before deleting the images and data limit? Didn't read any in its terms.
Edited by Pear, Aug 6 2014, 01:45 AM.

Administrator
Member Avatar
Administrator
Here are the FAQs for your questions above:

How long do you keep the images?
As long as images are getting at least 1 view every 6 months, they will stick around forever. After that, your image may be removed to create more space for newer images.

Is there a maximum file size I can upload?
The maximum non-animated file size you can upload is 10MB. However, if the image is over 1MB then it will automatically be compressed or resized to 1MB, for better viewing on the net. The maximum animated file size (both GIF and PNG) is 2MB.

For more FAQs, see this link

Weibo is still the best hosting site as the images will stay forever without any required conditions.

yueniang
Member Avatar
Level 20
this is good to know! many thanks Administrator!! :-(=)
yueniang
right from the center of the moon

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
The problem is, most people won't view the images, and they will be deleted in 6 months. Oh well. Best not to rely on it esp. if already have weibo account. It is good for folks who had trouble with weibo.

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
so, we gotta clicky,clicky every 6 months?

IMGUR.SO Gallery

everybody clicky...........

Administrator
Member Avatar
Administrator
Because an image uploaded to Imgur-so will be removed permanently if it hasn't been viewed for six months, as such, the majority of the images will be removed automatically from the Forum. To preserve your precious posts, the Site has now reinstalled the Guest Uploads function if you don't have a host to store your images. A link of this has been added to the sub-menu. Please follow the related instructions to upload your images and videos and share them.

ThienHuong
Member Avatar
Level 7
(-'.'-)

Wine
Member Avatar
Level 8
hi, adminstrator, I'm still not sure where to find the "upload button" to in the new avatar upload place. Would you pls to instruct. Thanks,

In addition, whether or not I could delete some uploaded pic in the guest upload area which I have posted it by mistake. and How could I do it? Regards,
Edited by Wine, Oct 21 2014, 11:15 AM.

Administrator
Member Avatar
Administrator
Wine, please refer to our FAQ for uploading an avatar.

Guests are only allowed to upload images but can't delete them as the deleting function is not available (a feature not developed by the developer of the host).

Wine
Member Avatar
Level 8
Administrator
Oct 21 2014, 11:22 AM
Wine, please refer to our FAQ for uploading an avatar.

Guests are only allowed to upload images but can't delete them as the deleting function is not available (a feature not developed by the developer of the host).
administrator, thanks for your prompt reply. I did the step in according to the instruction in Q & A already, but still find the old avator there, if it need a few day for changing it. besides, I select the "use loaded avarter" instead of " unloaded avator' (which mentioned in Q & A, as I could not find that button, is it correct?

Administrator
Member Avatar
Administrator
Wine, Please make sure your file is 30KB or less. The prefer size is 120px X 120px. The change is effective immediately. Just click the "browse" and select your image, then upload.

Administrator
Member Avatar
Administrator
We have now reinstalled the Image Uploader in our Forum using "Drop 2 In". Unlike Imgur.so "Drop 2 In" doesn't require periodic viewing and the images uploaded are permanent. Please refer to "Image Uploader" in our FAQ

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
I must admit that I'm really dumb when it comes to instructions, up until now I still don't know how to upload an image to post in the forum despite that there's already instructions posted.

Can anybody please give me a step by step instruction, consider it teaching a "Computer for Dummies". I really like to learn.
Zumba Lover

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
see post 3?
Wallace: Let your works speak on your behalf, let your character speaks for you.

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
Tried, too compli for me, any simple instructions for dummies? du-uh %')}
Zumba Lover

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
OK, this Dummy will try to help a fellow D (isn't this called 'the blind leads the blind'?) [:-]

1) Click on IMAGE UPLOADS (see above brown bar)
2) Click on GUEST UPLOADS (highlighted among the instructions given)
3) Click on CLICK TO BROWSE (green colour words)
4) Select your picture from your computer by DOUBLE CLICKING ON PICTURE
5) Click on DONE (green bar) when uploading is completed. This will bring you back to Guest Uploads page
6) It takes time for the picture to be uploaded depending your picture size. Suggest refresh/F4 a few times.
7) When upload of your pix is completed, you can see it on the Guest Uploads page. Click on the picture.
8) Click on SHARE and a list of links will appear.
9) Click on GET A LINK
10) Select the size you wish to upload and click on COPY
11) Go back to the page/thread you wish to upload the picture
12) Click on FULL REPLY SCREEN
13) Click on IMAGE (just above message box) and a prompt will appear
14) Paste the link from (10) to the prompt box and click OK
15) The link to the picture should be completed. Just POST REPLY and the image should appear.

Wallace: Let your works speak on your behalf, let your character speaks for you.

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
Wow thanks BB, lots of steps to follow, i'll try it. Ok, this dummy has the very first problem, I can not find where the IMAGE UPLOADS on the brown bar is?? (_8(|)
Zumba Lover

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Right on top of this very page .. unless your screen is different from mine? I don't know how to snip and paste pictures on this forum otherwise, easier to follow pictures. Try?

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
My brown bar only have UCP, Inbox, New Replies, Qoute Mentions, is it that line?
Zumba Lover

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
OK, manage to find a way to copy the bar for you. It's not brown here but brown on my screen. (Sorry, colour and pictures are lost in the process. Never mind, hope this gives you an idea where to look for the right page).

Posted Image
Edited by Belly Button, Jan 27 2015, 07:26 PM.

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
Got it BB, now I know I'm on the wrong site, I was in Fanmobile Wallace. Will now try your very clear step by step tutorial. Many thanks! &-|

Btw, how did you upload that page? just a question, no need to answer, maybe I can figure it out myself after I try to upload images. Thanks again! {**}
Zumba Lover

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
Posted Image

ALAS! I did it! Hurrah!!! :-{}
Edited by carefree, Jan 28 2015, 05:40 AM.
Zumba Lover

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
carefree, just play around with it. Edit it until you are happy. kekekkeke.

Re. post#21 document... I just play around with it. Pretty long process - (I don't know the shorter way) save page as pdf, snip what I want and paste on doc file, save doc as pdf and convert the pdf to image. 3:*> We cannot upload pdf and word files. They must be converted to image/jpeg.

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
Its nice that you can play around like that, I lack the initiative and self confident to try and experiment. :3-]
Zumba Lover

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
carefree, Wine had a bit of struggle too but she's an expert now! We are both non-tech whizz but our love and motivation for Wallace made us try and try until we get it! Right Wine?! Come on, you can do it, carefree.

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
Thank you BB, you're so helpful. Please check Post #23, did I do it correctly?
Zumba Lover

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
(-'.'-) Yeah, look what motivation Wallace gives us! More pictures for us to drool over. I wish there is a selection of Wallace Emoticons. That will be fun!

You like zumba? Fast and sexy. :D:-

carefree
Member Avatar
Level 3
Yep, just fast, not sexy hahaha! [:-]
Zumba Lover

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
lately, instead of uploading, i use "copy image address" (right-click on image you found on internet) and "insert image" in "full reply"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements & News 论坛公告及消息 · Next Topic »
Add Reply