Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to wallacehuo.info Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to 1) access member-only sections; 2) topics not yet read are highlighted for easy reference; 3) take you to the last posts you've read previously within the topics to save your time 4) start new topics and make comments; 5) customize your profile; 6) send personal messages; and 7) vote in polls. However, as a guest you may post on "Site Suggestions and Requests" section. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[Request/Suggestion] How to open a Weibo account
Topic Started: Dec 19 2015, 10:47 AM (18,486 Views)
tobeme
Member Avatar
Level 24
Weibo requires registration in order to read and post. Open an account is easy. You need an email address for the registration.

Here is a link to register Weibo in English: http://weibo.com/signup/signup.php?from=usweibo

After entering the email address and password, Weibo will ask you to enter your phone number. You need to input the verification code to activate the account.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

yueniang
Member Avatar
Level 20
Does it work with any country's telephone number?
yueniang
right from the center of the moon

Melanie
Member Avatar
Level 5
Nope, weibo doesn't list my country and I'm kind of understand why... :-@ Have to wait until I can get cell number from neighboring countries (SG or MY)

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
what a pain.........now you need valid phone number / app to open a weibo account?

seems the email i used to open up a weibo account got deleted from inactivity. can we switch emails w.o access to 1st one?

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
@Tobeme, thanks.

@Melanie, oh why is the phone number of your country not in the list? Sorry, I couldn't remember but I thought all mobile numbers are acceptable? Maybe I am wrong. I vaguely remember that when I register, they send a message of my mobile phone (probably to check that it's bona fide). The other alternative, as you mentioned is to get someone to register for you using your email address and PW. How did you manage to surf weibo now?

@Pear, no idea. Why not re register?
Wallace: Let your works speak on your behalf, let your character speaks for you.

Melanie
Member Avatar
Level 5
@BB: We crashed Facebook. We're so noisy on Twitter. We forced Path to make major changes. With its strict content censorships, the Chinese government will face diffiiculties if they open weibo for us... I guess :-7

My basic links to surf weibo, not all will open to me but some are enough right now:

m.weibo.cn/k/insert_keyword_here
Hashtag #霍建华# will give you http://m.weibo.cn/k/霍建华?from=feed

m.tw.weibo.com/insert_account_roman_name_here
As long as you know the account name in roman version, this will shows more than standard latest 3 entries. Example : http://m.tw.weibo.com/huajaecompany

big5.x-weibo.net/n/insert_account_hanzi_name_here.html
Cached files, how I love thee. Only limited to 50 entries though. Example : http://big5.x-weibo.net/n/华杰工作室.html

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
i still can log into weibo, just the email i used to sign up went inactive too long.

i need either a premium web email that will never expire, or remember to log in every few months.

sugarjw1026
Member Avatar
Level 16
so sad...we need valid phone nos.to get an account for weibo. :({
Ang Paghanga At Pagmamahal Ko Sa'yo Hindi Kailanman Maglalaho! =)

My Admiration And Love For You Will Never Ever Fade! =)

Administrator
Member Avatar
Administrator
Members

If you need a Weibo account just to browse thru the posts, you may use this account:

wallpaper1979@sina.com
Password: wallacehuoforum

Please use this as a public account only.

Melanie
Member Avatar
Level 5
Dear @Administrator, if you are in front of me now, I'll hug you as tight as I can! Mwwahh!! &-|

Promise that I'll use it only for browsing, not for posting, liking, or voting. Thank youuuu!

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
@Melanie, I still cannot understand why you cannot sign up on weibo with your email address and mobile? You mean some countries are barred from using weibo? And what do you mean by being noisy?

Yeah, our administrator is a super kind soul. Yes, you owe administrator a big hug, hehehehee @Melanie.

I used to be able to post on Baidu but they increase their security by asking us to type in some chinese words and of course since I do not know chinese, I stopped posting on baidu. :-@ (OK, I only post with emoticons in case you guys are wondering what I mean, heheheh).
Wallace: Let your works speak on your behalf, let your character speaks for you.

yueniang
Member Avatar
Level 20
dear Admin: ~:-(
yueniang
right from the center of the moon

sugarjw1026
Member Avatar
Level 16
ty dear admin!!! (-'.'-) &-|

Minou
Member Avatar
Level 4
Thank so so much Admin ! You are super nice

I did try to log on and now log-off...and tried carefully not doing something to change the original set up. Weibo looks like Facebook , but I don't know Chinese words ]-I .. I probably need a translator tool for weibo, right ? Calling for help... please please @BB, @marmalade, @yueniang, @sugar, @@ dear all HOUmis
I am here and you are there .....one of us is in the wrong place

Minou
Member Avatar
Level 4
@tobeme : thank you for the instruction.

tobeme
Member Avatar
Level 24
My pleasure.

It is easy to translate the page.

Steps:

1. Open the page with Chrome

2. Right click on the page (anywhere on the page)

3. On the drop down menu click "Translate to English".

Posted Image

Minou
Member Avatar
Level 4
Thank you so much again @tobeme :-{{

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
sugarjw1026
Dec 20 2015, 11:48 AM
so sad...we need valid phone nos.to get an account for weibo. :({
here are some tips from various web sites:

How can I activate my Sina Weibo account without a mobile phone number?
I tried to login to my weibo account today after not using it for a while. I discovered that it needs to be registered with a mobile phone # in China. I no longer have one of these, and I'm currently in the Philippines. Is there a workaround?

The sign-up process accepts mobile numbers from many countries inc. the US. (source: just created several accounts for project I'm working on! I am based in the UK, but US cell was definitely on there.)

Alternatively register a weibo email address, wait one week, then use it to open a weibo account.
https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-activate-my-Sina-Weibo-account-without-a-mobile-phone-number

注意两点,一个是用新浪的邮箱来注册微博,再有就是要在邮箱注册一周后才能注册新浪微博
http://iask.sina.com.cn/b/20958092.html

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
...what a headache....... ]-I

mildnature
No Avatar
Level 1
Dearest admin

thank you so much, like Melanie i was trying very hard to find ways and sources just to be able to register weibo but to no avail...

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Hey gals, I am googling to check whether there are any instructions on how people outside of China could register on weibo.

http://heechulfacts.tumblr.com/post/16173619846/how-to-create-weibo-account-for-fans-who-dont

https://www.techinasia.com/sina-weibo-facebook-login

http://weibowatch.com/weibo-new-signup-process-156/#.Vo0wofl94gs

One of the links indicated Sina Weibo always changes it's sign up process? You can actually read weibo without signing up. The only problem is that you couldn't proceed to second page. You could only access the first page. And that is based on my experience. It's the same with Baidu. I cannot even remember how I managed to get into Baidu. Some Chinese website only require you to link your weibo account and you could access it. I think I used that for some music download websites.

Have the signing up process changed over the last year? I vaguely remember there were many countries available to choose from.

@mildnature, are you able to sign up using your mobile phone? BTW, I also vaguely remember it takes a few days before my weibo account is activated from weibo end. I don't think that the moment I activate my account, I could immediately access like some websites.

@Pear, are you able to access now?

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
i cant change the email that was used to register for weibo, or at least cant find where to change the email :({

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Pear
Jan 7 2016, 05:34 AM
i cant change the email that was used to register for weibo, or at least cant find where to change the email :({
Is it possible to open another account using another email address?

Melanie
Member Avatar
Level 5
Yesterday my phone got stolen. The new one I bought is a blackmarket chinese phone.

Plus points: it has weibo app preinstalled! Iqiyi, Sohu, and other chinese apps I often used are preinstalled too. The weibo app came with English interfaces/menus including the English login page. It still doesn't list my country phone code though. So I was playing around with its signup through email option... now I have a weibo account running! :(#)

Minus points: can't install Google, Youtube, oh well...

Still don't know what I'm going to write there. I've participate in my first poll this morning and it feels good. My username in twitter and weibo are same, @yueniang, that's me following you last night ,-}

Kelly
Member Avatar
Level 1
Melanie
Feb 1 2016, 12:51 PM
Yesterday my phone got stolen. The new one I bought is a blackmarket chinese phone.

Plus points: it has weibo app preinstalled! Iqiyi, Sohu, and other chinese apps I often used are preinstalled too. The weibo app came with English interfaces/menus including the English login page. It still doesn't list my country phone code though. So I was playing around with its signup through email option... now I have a weibo account running! :(#)

Minus points: can't install Google, Youtube, oh well...

Still don't know what I'm going to write there. I've participate in my first poll this morning and it feels good. My username in twitter and weibo are same, @yueniang, that's me following you last night ,-}
@Melanie I have a Chinese phone as well and it didn't have google functions or YouTube. You can easily get these by installing a ' Google installer apk ' file for your phone, downloading the Google play store + around 3/4 more related apps! Very easy to do! You can find the instructions easily on the Internet and on YouTube (all on the computer first ;). It worked for me!!! Best of luck x

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Yay! Hey what are your names in weibo? Mine is in English since I do not know how to write in Chinese. Look out for me - mangotangoabc! I follow yueniang though I hardly even go into my own weibo since I do not know how to upload anything except click on 'like'

Kelly, you got a black market chinese phone too?

Kelly
Member Avatar
Level 1
@Belly Button As far as I'm aware it is a white market Chinese phone as opposed to grey/parallel import/water goods -that's what I was led to believe when I bought it from the shop in HK anyway =):-)

p.s I did not manage to catch Inside or Outside in HK as release date ended up being after my visit - will wait for it on the small screen :-X

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
@Kelly, maybe I should get one when I am in HK as I am going there in June! But then, I do not know Mandarin so I wouldn't be able to use it even though I have those apps. I need one which auto translate. Tell me more about it, ladies. So you are using it in Ireland too? I have been complaining about the small Android my son gave me (yeah hand me down for mums) which doesn't take good pictures. What brand is the phone?

Was Inside Outside shown in HongKOng?

sugarjw1026
Member Avatar
Level 16
I might open an account in weibo...will inform all of you if i have already have 1...let's follow one another! ty! =)

Kelly
Member Avatar
Level 1
@Belly Button - it's gonna be Hot and Humid in HK in June, you'd prob be ok, but I wouldn't be able to handle the weather at that time of year.

My Chinese phone which I use as a spare phone (and it works here in Ireland) is a high end massive 5.7'' screen thing- half the price of what I would pay for Apple with similar spec and has dual SIM card slots which is what I was mainly looking for as I like to travel and I love it! I didn't get it specifically for Weibo or anything and the phone can be configured with English setting.

If you are in the market for a new phone then HK is the place to get your phone/gadgets etc. Phone in HK are all sold unlocked (unlike in my own country) so you won't have a prob bringing it bk to Oz to use!

PM me if you need and I can assist with any HK travel queries or shopping tips etc!

I'm not sure if Inside or Outside was ever/will ever screen in HK - I gave up looking! My friends say HK are not normally interested in mainland movies, just homegrown or US!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Site Suggestions & Requests 网站的建议和要求 · Next Topic »
Add Reply