Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to wallacehuo.info Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to 1) access member-only sections; 2) topics not yet read are highlighted for easy reference; 3) take you to the last posts you've read previously within the topics to save your time 4) start new topics and make comments; 5) customize your profile; 6) send personal messages; and 7) vote in polls. However, as a guest you may post on "Site Suggestions and Requests" section. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[Activity] Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace; upcoming drama scheduled to start shooting in August 2016
Topic Started: Jun 3 2016, 04:09 PM (13,266 Views)
Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Hi gals, Admin has not started a formal thread on this drama so I am starting this thread so that while waiting for the official thread, we could post anything about Ruyi here. Thanks.

Will copy relevant pictures and links here bit by bit.

Posted Image

Wallace: Let your works speak on your behalf, let your character speaks for you.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
@Cassie, let's continue discussion on Ruyi here. I think recent reports indicated that the drama will focus on Qian Long and Ruyi's relationship. I read that in the novel, Qing Long is blamed for putting Ruyi in cold storage.
Wallace: Let your works speak on your behalf, let your character speaks for you.

Cassiemissy
Member Avatar
Level 20
Oh yes, the storyline mainly depict the relationship of the young couple, from Qianlong ascended the throne, his early years where both were lovey dovey and support each other throughout different challenges. Qianlong needed to form his power within his people and RuYi was not exactly welcomed in by the Empress Dowager (I think..). He finally managed to give Ruyi the Empress title. When he became wiser Ruyi also realised that her husband was not that naive and loving husband as he once were anymore. Many misunderstanding and conflicts happened between them that causes their marriage to collapse.

If according to history, no one know why Ruyi was abandoned as she was suddenly sent back to the palace during one of Qianlong's disguised visit. After that, Qianlong had totally sent her to the 'cold palace'.

That's what I managed to understand from snippets here and there. Didn't really look into the novel as I would like some surprises from the drama. [:-] So I'm guessing that this drama is not the usual harem fighting type but it is actually a lovely yet heart breaking love story between a young Qianlong and his Empress.

Hopefully they will announce more soon. There's too many speculation about him accepting the role. I would like to hear from Wallace himself. |:-|
Edited by Cassiemissy, Jun 3 2016, 07:58 PM.
I love you because of who you are. Thank you for being yourself.

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Thanks, Cassie. Personally, I think there is enough palace intrigue like Empresses of the Palace, Minyue etc. I wouldn't mind if they focus on how marriage/relationships which started off wonderfully could break down eventually. But to make it a beautiful and poignant story, the screen writing skill is very important. I don't want it to turn out be another simple love story of I love you, I hate you. I hope they explore the depths of the relationship, the consequences surrounding the change, why, how... Wallace has expressed that he wanted to play something more realistic.

Yes, I am sure both Zhou Xuna nd he would be asked why he accepted this role. I was reading through the comments and had the impression that the novel may be adapted. Oh yes, apparently, there were rumours that their relationship broke down because Ruyi was fed up of Qian Long because he liked to visit prostitutes. 3:*> I don't think Qian Long needs to visit prostitutes. He could have any women he wanted being an Emperor.

Edited by Belly Button, Jun 3 2016, 09:04 PM.

Cassiemissy
Member Avatar
Level 20
I think there will be many deep emotional expression in the two characters. Especially since during that time there are so many outer voices, negative people, haters etc etc that keep feeding them different false informations that affected their thoughts of each other. I think RuYi and Qianlong still love each other but because of misunderstanding they couldn't treat each other the same as before?

Huang Lan also mentioned that from perspectives of female, Qianlong wouldn't come out looking good as anything that involve harem/ladies, no man can appear innocent. Which is true. Especially the emperor who can have a big harem without feeling guilty. The bigger your harem the more power you seem to have.

She also mentioned that she has good expectation from Wallace's interpretation of the role.

I can't wait for this. I don't mind palace drama and but I do hope it's not just on surface love story. But I do believe with the casts and producer involved, don't think it will have simple storyline. Especially since Wallace again accepted a ancient role, he definitely think this is worth his time and effort. We all trust his choices. So far, he has never let us down. (-'.'-)

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
In those days, poligamy is expected and accepted. [:-]

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
lately, we seem to have lost Admin, Tobe, and Ichiban, though Ichiban isnt one of the admins of the forum.

sugarjw1026
Member Avatar
Level 16
so their lovestory had a sad ending,seems a nice drama and i know wallace will give justice to the role and he will do his best to perform well in this wonderful drama!
Ang Paghanga At Pagmamahal Ko Sa'yo Hindi Kailanman Maglalaho! =)

My Admiration And Love For You Will Never Ever Fade! =)

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
so he will be filming this in heavy costume & heat wave? =):-)

it's no wonder he is so skinny to keep cool, but what hard work!

if Tobe is gone, she should've opened up another admin position so new shows can be posted in table of contents.

should someone PM her?

Johanna00
Member Avatar
Level 1
So is there again a sad ending for this drama...??

Pear- I do like skinny Wallace h-0k

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
@Pear, maybe PM her. She may be busy and didn't see our requests. Thanks.

OK, confirmed Huang Lan the producer who invited Wallace to play Qian Long was the co producer of Imperial Doctress. The producers for ID are Karen Tsoi (Tangren) and Huang Lan. Director is Li GuoLi (Tangren). One of the screenwriter also wrote for Empresses in the Palace.

@Johanna00, it is not a tragic story (at least the leads do not die, hahaha). But in the end, their relationship was strained (historical fact) and no one knew why. This drama, I guess, will explore what happened in their relationships (fiction).

The TV stations must be very interested in Ruyi to pay for more than a million for one ep! Some fans said that Sun Li should be Ruyi but I disagree. She has played the Empress Dowager so it is hard to imagine her as Ruyi (Dowager's niece?). Anyway, Zhou Xun is an accomplished actress so I think it's fine. Looking forward to see how Zhou Xun and Wallace will interpret this complex relationship, roles and characters. They are both in their 30s and come with life's many experiences. It is easier to interpret complex relationships when you have been through the journey yourselves. I just hope they put a lot of effort in the screen writing.

Viki has put this drama in Fan Channel like Imperial Doctress (non accessible for non members) which means I will have to watch live telecast from Dragon TV like I did for Imperial Doctress. Good thing that it's a 7.30pm show so that's fine for me. Watching Love Me If You Dare live streaming was torture since it was 12.30am my time then. Ahh... as I said, anything for Wallace, I will do. &-|
Edited by Belly Button, Jun 4 2016, 08:22 AM.

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Cassiemissy
Jun 3 2016, 08:59 PM
Huang Lan also mentioned that from perspectives of female, Qianlong wouldn't come out looking good as anything that involve harem/ladies, no man can appear innocent. Which is true. Especially the emperor who can have a big harem without feeling guilty. The bigger your harem the more power you seem to have.
Hey, but I wouldn't mind being part of Qian Long's Harem Club. |:-|

In modern times, polygamy is not accepted. But really we have to look at the circumstances and culture during That period.

I remember the argument about Bai Zi Hua not showing his love towards Hua Qian Gu but people forgot that every period has its own rules, propriety and culture.

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
i noticed Admin & Tobe went AWOL around same time which seems weird to me. he never deleted a spam post from last weekend.

Cassiemissy
Member Avatar
Level 20
I think TV stations are interested in this drama also because of the casts? I heard there are other casts as well, half of which Wallace had worked with before. Wasn't too familiar with the names. Let me see if I can find the post again I'll share.

@BB, what is the drama name on Viki? I couldn't find it?

And yes, polygamy was totally normal back in that time and I think (if I got my historical fact correct) the more wives you have the greater the man would appear to people? Especially an emperor.

All these discussion really makes me very very desiring for the drama.. But.. A year plus to wait! o"o

sugarjw1026
Member Avatar
Level 16
where are they...admin,ichiban & tobe? hope they are all doing good!

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
@Cassie, here you are:
https://www.viki.com/tv/30735c-ru-yis-royal-love-in-the-palace

I started a thread for Ruyi in Soompi.

I know most people think Qian Long a cow the way he treated Ruyi but I came across a thread in Baidu of which the blogger defended Qian Long's action, I think? Not sure what it is all about as it's hard to understand using google translate.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4438166421

Cassie, who are they? Maybe some people from Imperial Doctress because Huang Lan was co producer for that drama. They normally use the quite the same people. Look at Shandong Productions. You see the same actors and actresses in many of their dramas. It is probably people who have acted in ancient costumes before to make things easier for the producers.

Here is pix of the Director, Wang Jun (he's also an actor).
Posted Image
Edited by Belly Button, Jun 4 2016, 10:32 PM.

sugarjw1026
Member Avatar
Level 16
thanks for the link big mama bb! =)

Cassiemissy
Member Avatar
Level 20
ah! thanks for the link at Viki! And also for sharing that Tieba BB! I'll read it slowly.. And share thoughts after that. Many words.. =):-) but she seems to analyse quite detailed.

About who the other casts are, I'm still looking for the post again. <:>= Like searching for needle in the sea.

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
is tobe also admin of forum FB? seems that page is more updated regularly.

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
Belly Button
Jun 3 2016, 09:06 PM
In those days, poligamy is expected and accepted. [:-]
it does remedy the male to female ratio. most countries have more women than men which means some women wont get a match.

Cassiemissy
Member Avatar
Level 20
Pear
Jun 5 2016, 12:00 AM
Forum's weibo is very active as well. Are they managed by the same people? :-)--

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
Cassiemissy
Jun 5 2016, 12:04 AM
Pear
Forum's weibo is very active as well. Are they managed by the same people? :-)--
hmm... forgot about that one.

seems this forum been neglected.

Cassiemissy
Member Avatar
Level 20
Pear
Jun 5 2016, 02:39 AM
Cassiemissy
Jun 5 2016, 12:04 AM
Pear
hmm... forgot about that one.

seems this forum been neglected.
Noes~~~~~ This is a lovely family~ Admin.. are you reading this? (_8(|)

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Emperor Qian Long in golden dragon robe.
Posted Image

Pear
Member Avatar
Level 15
folks, what i find strange is: both Tobe & Admin went MIA at same time.

if they really went on vacation, at least alternate so one of them can admin this forum. unless they had a spat, and admin quit on us?

someone should try emailing them?

Belly Button
Member Avatar
Level 26
Hey gals, so bored while waiting for more news of our Man and story on Ruyi. Someone mentioned that there are a few of the cast have worked with Wallace before. Shall we play a guessing game? Let us guess five ladies and 2 men (okay, I choose more female and male because Qian Long has a huge harem and many concubines and I am gender bias :-X ). Let's see any of our guesses will make it to this drama.

I go first.

Women: Yang Zi, Li ChengYuan (Queen Qian in ID), Qia Jing, He Qing, Vivian Wu
Men: Lu Yi, Yuan Wenkang

Cassiemissy
Member Avatar
Level 20
Lols~ I can't make guesses. Besides Wallace and his main co-stars, I basically know no others name. <:>=

But BB, it's correct to make more ladies guesses. Coz there will be more female stars I suppose. Big harem.. Not to mention Empress Dowager those.. Servants... Etc etc. :(#)

Cassiemissy
Member Avatar
Level 20
Pear
Jun 5 2016, 09:22 PM
folks, what i find strange is: both Tobe & Admin went MIA at same time.

if they really went on vacation, at least alternate so one of them can admin this forum. unless they had a spat, and admin quit on us?

someone should try emailing them?
:-X Now beside guessing where's Wally, we also playing guess where's Admin? [:-]

sugarjw1026
Member Avatar
Level 16
so let the hunt begin find wally and admin!

Melanie
Member Avatar
Level 5
Our man had arrived from Germany to Beijing yesterday thanks to foreign airlines not spilling their data, and was spotted in Beijing taking tour around Forbidden City with Zhou Xun. Studying for the drama, I guess.

Posted Image
Edited by Melanie, Jun 7 2016, 06:03 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Ruyi's Royal Love in The Palace 如懿传 · Next Topic »
Add Reply